Becoming a B Corp with Tim Jones from Grow Good and Mindful Fashion
Nov 2, 2022 | 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Join us online to learn about the benefits of becoming a B Corp with Tim Jones from Grow Good, a B Consultant who has helped more than 80 businesses in NZ on their B Corp journey. Learn about the process, the benefits, and the opportunities with B Corp certification from businesses that manufacture in New Zealand, and off-shore. Hear from speakers including Mindful Fashion Certified B Corp members who will share their first-hand experience and insights:
- Tim Jones - Grow Good, B Consultant
- Emma Wallace - Managing Director, Kowtow
- Fiona Bretherton - Development Manager, Untouched World
Tim takes us on an interactive and energetic online workshop journey, with his extensive knowledge of the B Corp process and break-out rooms that gave attendees an opportunity to share ideas and learnings with each other.
Tim shares his enthusiasm on how becoming a B Corp is not the destination, it's the journey heading towards a regenerative business. B Corp has a framework that's global and independently verified with a high level of scrutiny, it won’t solve all of our problems but is a step in the right direction, and is a really cool tool to see where you aren’t doing good.
Emma and Fiona share their experience of becoming a B Corp from different angles of producing in New Zealand and offshore. They both express their appreciation for the sense of community that the journey creates. And to take use of B Lab, which can support you to ask difficult questions. It is a great way to learn about what is happening within your business, and part of your development and growth.
Here’s a summary of what we learned:
- It works best when you get the whole company involved
- Identify a Queen or King B to lead it
- How the impact business model works
- It’s an important part of the development and growth of a business
- The leaders within the business need to be actively on board.
- You can do the B Impact Assessment for free, anytime. It's a great tool to develop your own sustainability plan.
Here's some info to get started:
- All About B Corp - the new IT certificate for fashion
- Patagonia has a new mission - to save our home planet
- Customers seek purpose-driven companies - creating a rise in B Corps