Mindful Fashion New Zealand
MFNZ is a not-for-profit organisation established in 2019 to strengthen the NZ fashion and textile industry. At the heart of what we do is a commitment to a sustainable and inclusive future; one where business, nature and people all thrive. We support long term sustainable success for members and the wider industry through advocacy, sustainable business resources and facilitating collaborative solutions.
We envision a clothing and textiles ecosystem in Aotearoa New Zealand where business, nature and people all thrive.
To unite the New Zealand clothing and textile industry to create an innovative, full-circle and thriving future.
Membership is open to all members of New Zealand’s clothing and textile community whose values and actions align with the Mindful Fashion mission and charter. Members include designers, textile suppliers, makers and manufacturers, cutters, embroiderers, trim suppliers and more.
Our Charter outlines our guiding principles as an organisation.
Our Guiding Principles as an Organisation
- Members share the vision and mission of Mindful Fashion New Zealand and aspire to continual improvement.
- Members conduct their business with honesty, integrity and in a manner which encourages high standards of business ethics.
- Members respect the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and embrace cultural values and diversity in New Zealand and in all countries in which they operate.
- Members aspire to provide the most supportive workplaces they can for their employees; ones that are fair, safe and inclusive.
- Members seek to continually improve their environmental stewardship, and aspire towards making net-positive environmental impacts.
- Members engage positively with each other and the communities in which they operate.
- Members are open and transparent about their sustainability practice, including reporting their progress and challenges regularly.
- Customer-facing members provide as much sustainability information as they can to their customers so they can make informed choices.
Mindful Fashion is a non-profit organisation, governed by a Board of Directors, and incorporated as a society in July 2019.
As Mindful Fashion we are incomparably stronger as a united and collective voice. We recognise that by working together the industry can address shared challenges and embrace opportunities in innovation and sustainability to enable our industry to thrive.