What We Do
We support long term sustainable success for members and the wider clothing and textiles industry in New Zealand through our core objectives to:
- Advocate for the industry to New Zealanders, Government, and our stakeholders.
- Facilitate collaborative solutions and collective action.
- Support innovation to ensure a sustainable industry into the future.
The Mindful Fashion Strategy 2020-2022 is an establishment strategy outlining our priority work areas.
Read our full MFNZ 2020-2022 Strategy here.
New Zealand’s unique clothing and textile industry inspires better in the world.
We unite the New Zealand clothing and textile industry to create an innovative, full-circle and thriving future.
We exist because we believe in a future for the New Zealand clothing and textile industry that is inclusive, sustainable and successful.
Advocate for the industry to New Zealanders and our stakeholders.
- Act as voice of the industry, to raise the profile of, and advocate for, NZ clothing and textiles businesses with government and industry.
- Tell the stories of NZ’s industry to local and global audiences. Build on the integrity of NZ’s reputation to strengthen our message.
- Promote local.
Facilitate collaborative solutions and collective action.
- Advance knowledge sharing and collaboration between industry players to share current industry best practice.
- Facilitate industry-led solutions to address productivity, resource efficiency, critical skills gaps and to develop capability.
- Build resilience into local supply chains
Support innovation to ensure a sustainable industry into the future.
Identify and facilitate innovation / R&D projects, such as:
- Circular supply chains where NZ materials are fully processed, made, taken back and re-enter the system in NZ.
- Pilot circular business models.
- Identify how technology can enable efficient and cost effective local manufacturing.
- Circular solutions for NZ textiles.
Run a sustainable organisation
- Deliver value to all members by ensuring our organisation is resourced to succeed